The SilkPeel® Dermalinfusion at Dermafina’s Montreal is a skin care procedure designed to improve the appearance of skin with just one or a series of treatments. The procedure takes about 40 minutes, does not cause pain, and does not require any downtime. Similar to microdermabrasion, the SilkPeel® treatment involves the removal of outer layers of skin through exfoliation techniques. However, the SilkPeel® treatment differs from microdermabrasion because it employs use of various treatment serums specially formulated to treat specific skin conditions.
- 1. How does it work and what conditions can it treat?
Dermalinfusion is an advanced skin-resurfacing treatment that combines exfoliation, extraction, and infusion of condition-specific serums to improve skin health, function and appearance. A patented, non-invasive treatment, Dermalinfusion is fully customizable and the perfect solution to address a wide variety of skin concerns and conditions from head-to-toe and is suitable for all skin types and tones. This high degree of customization results in skin that shows immediate and noticeable improvement in volume, hydration, tone and texture.
Dermalinfusion treats a variety of skin concerns:
- Anti-aging: fine lines & wrinkles, sallow skin
- Hyperpigmentation: dark spots, sun damage, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Dry and dehydrated skin
- Rough skin texture
- 2. The SilkPeel® Procedure at Dermafina
To begin the SilkPeel® procedure, our Dermafina specialist will clean the face to remove any make-up, dirt, or other debris that has accumulated on the skin. The SilkPeel® hand piece is specially designed to exfoliate the outer layers of the skin, suction away the dead skin cells, and saturate the skin with the treatment solution. The serum penetrates the outer dermis to reach deeper layers of skin, infusing it with vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants, and increasing the effectiveness of treatment. At Dermafina we recommend a series of 4-6 Dermalinfusion treatments for best results.
- 3. Which area can a Silkpeel treatment be used?
The SilkPeel® treatment can be used on your face, neck, chest, hands, feet, and other areas of your body to rejuvenate your appearance.
All-over body skin rejuvenation reduces*:
- Sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles on décolletage
- Stretch marks on the abdomen or breasts
- Back acne
- Cellulite on the thighs
- Bumps, dryness, and discoloration on the arms and around elbows
- Extreme dryness and/or cracking on hands and feet
- 4. What can I expect as to the Results post Silkpeel?
Results of the SilkPeel® treatment are immediately visible. The skin will look and feel smoother, and the skin will have a healthy glow. For the best possible results, patients can undergo SilkPeel® treatment every two weeks. Patients should also adopt an at-home skin care regimen to maintain SilkPeel® results; this includes the use of sunscreen, facial cleaners, moisturizers, and eye creams.
- Volumes Skin by 70%
- Improves Radiance; Refreshes and Revives
- Visibly Reduces Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Targets Skin Concerns and Optimizes Results
- Gives a Lasting Youthful Boost
- Stimulates Healthy Cell Renewal
- 5. SilkPeel® Treatment Costs at Dermafina
SilkPeel® treatments generally cost between $179 and $195 depending on the serum used and the optimal outcome expected. Patients that purchase a series of treatments, or package deal, usually get the best deal on the price of each individual treatment.
- 6. SilkPeel® is designed to treat a range of skin conditions. It can...
- Treat Oily, blemish-prone or acne-prone skin
- Treats dehydrated and dry flaky patches of skin
- Reduce rough skin texture
- Minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and sallow skin
- Reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation sun damaged or overexposed skin and sun spots
- Brighten generally dull-looking skin